Coming Up with the Women’s Workshop
Stitches for Survival • The Stitches for Survival project is coming to an end (more info here) and we need to get our scarves completed and submitted by 30th September so they can be joined to others in Glasgow ready for the COP26 environment conference. If you are working on a square or have any squares ready please send them or bring them this week to Women’s Workshop, Dovecote Centre, Amble NE65 0DX. Thank you.
In the Cycles
Click on the links below for more information about each session, and to register for any of them visit https://www.
Mindful Mondays 10.30 – 11am 20th September, online gentle exercise, and chat with Hala.
Herbal ointment making using calendula from the herb garden with Jill 11.00 – 1.00 Monday 20th September, Using calendula and other herbs that we’ve grown in the garden, Jill will run a session to create ointments with healing properties.
Inclusive Economy Networking Event 10.00 – 1.00 Saturday 25th September An event organised by Churches Against Poverty North East (CAPNE) bringing people with lived experience of poverty together with people who can influence policies in the region.
Being in the Cycles – Online Yoga session with Lucy 7.30 – 9.00 Sunday 26th September Each online session will include gentle yoga, relaxation and meditation in tune with the outer season, and an invitation to honour your own ‘inner season’.
If you are a regular participant at In the Cycles events, the Women’s Workshop can pay for a space for you, subject to places being available. If you would like to request this please initially register your interest with the Women’s Workshop at https://www.surveymonkey.co.
If you would like to book directly with Lucy, you can register here
Please register for these September events at https://www.surveymonkey.
More dates for your diary in September:
Monday 27th Sept – DIY workshop with Helen Hill, including hanging curtains, making a shelf and refurbishing our sun dial at the Women’s Workshop
Thurs 30th September 11-1pm When Evening Falls Creative Writing Workshop with Romi Jones, the third of four sessions using the daily cycle to explore ideas for writing
Women’s Workshop has been working in partnership with the Angelou Centre, Riverside Community Health Project, Millin Charity and CREST to deliver a support programme to 300 women who face challenges and find it hard to get into work or training. We are planning to bring some of the women together for a final celebration of the project as it comes to an end. There will be tea and cake, presentation of certificates and the chance to take part in an inter-active evaluation session, plus finding out what’s happening next for women looking for this kind of support.
For registrations to any of September’s events please go to https://www.surveymonkey.co.
- We still have a number of ‘In the Cycles’ Box to give to any woman who registers and takes part in three or more sessions, to store things you may need and keep hold of your own work. The boxes have some starter items and then we will be adding more as the programme goes forward.
- We have two free breast pumps to give away that have been donated by Morrisons via the Foodbank, as well as various supplies of sanitary protection. Just email email@example.com if you’d like one or ring Lesley on 07394 092791.
- We’d also be happy to hear from any woman who would like to get some support, and our offer of one-to-one mentoring will continue through the summer.
- Visit our website at: https://womensworkshop.
net/ for all information on what we offer and all events.
- Visit our Facebook page here for information about offers, wants, feedback and pics of previous sessions and other events of interest.
Coquet Enterprise Park
M: 07394 092791