The government are offering Covid-19 Discretionary Grants to small businesses and micro-businesses within Northumberland which were not eligible for either the Small Business Grant Fund or the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Fund.
This scheme is being delivered through Northumberland County Council.
Businesses being supported are:-
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces (examples could include units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment)
- Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own business rates assessment.
- Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of business rates (minimum 3 beds and not self-catering properties).
- Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief.
- Pub and hotels not previously eligible.
The application form can be found here – https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/coronavirus/Support-for-Businesses-coronavirus.aspx.
The online application form will take applicants through some eligibility checks and what information is needed to support claims. Businesses are advised to read the detailed guidance before beginning their application.
The deadline for applications is 14th June so if you wish to apply, please act quickly.